Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Morning by Morning, April 26 - Believe Bigger
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm at my post, positioned in my morning place of prayer, listening for Your leading, as I begin my day deliberately seeking and embracing You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Jesus said to her, 'Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?' So they took away the stone. And Jesus looked upward and said, 'Father, I thank You for having heard Me. I knew that You always hear Me, but I have said this for the sake of the crowd standing here, so that they may believe that You sent Me.' When He had said this, He cried with a loud voice, 'Lazarus, come out!' The dead man came out, his hands and feet bound with strips of cloth, and his face wrapped in a cloth. Jesus said to them, 'Unbind him, and let him go.' Many of the Jews therefore, who had come with Mary and had seen what Jesus did, believed in Him" (John 11:40-45).
 
I want to believe bigger. I want to see Your glory more. I want to trust in Your words with faith in Your heart to display Your glory in the power of Your love all around me today. Open my eyes to see it and stir in my spirit to expect it. "What was promised through faith in Jesus Christ (will) be given to those who believe" (Galatians 3:22).
 
As the father said, just before You set his son free from the spiritual attack trying to destroy his son's spirit, soul, and body, "I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24). You told that father, just as you tell every one of us, "All things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23 NKJV). It's just as You told Mary, who was heart-broken and disappointed over her brother's death, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40)
 
Set me free from any doubts or disappointments that would try to dampen my faith. Let me begin my prayers with fresh faith, grounded in Your Word, led by Your Spirit, rather than any unfulfilled experiences of the past. There's much mystery on this journey of faith, but let my expectations be firmly established in Your promises, rather than my problems, and in Your Word, rather than the ways of my world. 
 
"Without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever would approach Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). By the power of Your grace, I'm seeking You and I'm believing You. Help me seek more expectantly and believe bigger. I'm believing Your Word -- "As it is written, 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him'" (1 Corinthians 2:9 from Isaiah 64:4 NKJV). In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the Lord will empower you to believe bigger, trusting in His Word and His Spirit, to be at work mightily in the the things on your heart that you bring to Him in prayer, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!