Monday, June 19, 2017

Morning by Morning, June 19 - "By Every Word"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me, as You live through me today. ... 

"It is written, 'One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:3). On their journey through the wilderness, You fed the Israelites with food that came by the power of Your grace alone, not the provision of their own hands (Deuteronomy 8:3). Moses told them, "(The Lord) humbled you by letting you hunger, then by feeding you with manna, with which neither you nor your ancestors were acquainted, in order to make you understand that one does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. The clothes on your back did not wear out and your feet did not swell these forty years. Know then in your heart that as a parent disciplines a child so the Lord your God disciplines you" (Deuteronomy 8:3-5). All the while, You were "bringing (them) into a good land ... where (they would) lack nothing," as they learned the humility of willingly choosing to be desperately dependent upon You alone (Deuteronomy 8:7). 

Lord, keep teaching me these same lessons. All that happened to Israel was to teach me. "These things happened to them to serve as an example, and they were written down to instruct us, on whom the ends of the ages have come" (1 Corinthians 10:11). I want to "lack nothing" and live in "the good land" You've prepared for me as my inheritance and destiny, secure in my identity as a child of God, loved and disciplined by my good Father, providing all I need and even extravagantly blessing me with "the desires of (my) heart" (Psalm 37:4). 

Keep leading me to learn more every day how to live in the humility of willingly choosing to be desperately dependent upon You alone. Help me learn to live by every word that comes from Your mouth into my heart, by all You've expressed by Your written Word, now alive in me by Your living Word, by Your Holy Spirit leading my human spirit. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). 

"Now to Him who by the power at work with us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generation forever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20-21) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you are led by God's Spirit and blessed by God's Word on your journey with Him into the fullness of your inheritance and destiny in Christ, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!