Monday, July 31, 2017

Morning by Morning, July 31 - "Think On These Things"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes upon You, as I still my soul and listen for Your voice.  ...
 
I believe I hear You saying in my heart:  "Think on these things" (Philippians 4:8 KJV).
 
Yes, Lord. I can't choose the certainty of all my circumstances or predetermine the parameters of all my challenges, but I can choose -- by the power of Your grace -- the focus of my thoughts. And Your Word encourages me to think on the good things, to focus a little more on the best things, on the things that help me look up instead of down, to look forward instead of backward, and to start off my day on the right path, with my best foot forward, with a good attitude and a healthy perspective:  "Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.... Then the God of peace will be with you" (Philippians 4:8 NLT).
 
There will be plenty of time to deal with the daily stuff, but right now I'm going to take a little time with the Holy Spirit. I can gird up and go out into battle in a minute, but right now I'm going to settle in for some quiet time in the communion of prayer, centered in You, and surrounded in Your Presence. I'm going to open up my spirit and lift up my heart and welcome You into every thought in my mind, every desire in my heart, and every moment in my day.
 
I'm going to think on You and all You've done for me. I'm going to think on Your love for me, Your power within me, Your plans before me, and Your grace to sustain me through whatever comes. And then, when I have to start thinking about all the other things that will become a part of my life today, I'll not forget these good and precious things that You've sealed in my heart, here at the start of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Lord will fill your mind an your heart on the good things of God in your life, as you begin your day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
       
  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!