Friday, August 04, 2017

Morning by Morning, August 4 - Morning Mercies
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up, here in my heart and throughout my day.  ...
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.... The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:22-25).
 
There's something about the morning. No matter the troubles of a challenging day before or even the anxieties of a restless night before, there's something about the dawn of a new day. When the sun comes up, my spirit lifts up. When my heart opens up to You to wait for You in my morning prayer, when my soul seeks You to worship You in spirit and truth in the offering of my first fruits of the my morning, it seems all is well with my soul.
 
You use the freshness and quietness of these morning moments alone with You to simply remind me that Your mercies are "new every morning," that "great is Your faithfulness," that Your "steadfast love ... never ceases," that Your "mercies never come to an end." These are my morning mercies. And I'm so thankful for them. 
 
No matter how hard the day before, no matter how hard today or tomorrow may be, no matter that sorrow or anxiety may have lasted for the night, Your joy and mercy and peace come with the morning in my morning mercies of God! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray all is well with your soul, no matter what you may be going through, as you begin this day revived and refreshed in the morning mercies of God, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!