Monday, September 18, 2017

Morning by Morning, September 18 - Discernment and Determination
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm waiting and listening for Your leading, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer.  ...
 
"There is a way that seems right to a person, but its end is the way to death" (Proverbs 14:12).
 
There is a right way, among many alternative ways. But all ways are not the same. And all ways do not have the same end. There is a way that leads to life and there is a way that leads to death. And according to Your Word, the way that leads to death can seem like the right way to us. 
 
We can be deceived. We can be confused. So we need discernment and determination -- discernment to know what's right and determination to do it; discernment to find the way that leads to life and determination to follow it.
 
So how do I discern the right way that leads to life? ...
 
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God -- what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:2).
 
Lord, continue to renew my mind every day. Put Your thoughts in my mind; put Your desires in my heart. Align my thoughts with Your thoughts and my ways with Your ways, so I can rightly discern the right way that leads to life. Give me the desire and the power to seek "the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). Humbling myself to seek Your mind -- the mind of Christ rather than the mind of this world -- is the only way that leads to life, for You alone are "the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). And as I discern it, empower me to do it -- day by day, step by step, decision by decision. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be transformed by the renew of your mind, discerning the will of God for the direction of your life that leads to the fullness of life in Christ every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!