Thursday, September 28, 2017

Morning by Morning, September 28 - The Law of Love, not the Letter of the Law
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit -- let me begin my day looking to You and following Your lead.  ...
 
"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (2 Corinthians 3:4-6).
 
The new covenant we have in Christ is not a covenant of rules but of relationship, not a covenant of the letter and legalism of the law but of the heart and Spirit of the law. It's not about how we have heard that it was said, but how we hear by Your Spirit and live by Your example (Matthew 5:21, 27, 33, 38, 43). "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set (us) free from the law of sin and death!" (Romans 8:2)
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Give me a right heart and right spirit, as You fill me and lead me in the way that leads to life in Christ today. "When (I) cry 'Abba! Father!' it is (Your) very Spirit bearing witness with (my) spirit that (I am a child) of God" (Romans 8:15-16). Even as I seek the truth and speak the truth, lead me and empower me to be "speaking the truth in love (as I am living the truth in love) that (I) may grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). 
 
This is the law of love, for "love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:10). This is living by the Spirit who brings hope and life rather than trying and failing to live by the letter of the law that can only bring discouragement and death (2 Corinthians 3:6). This is the "new commandment" You give us through our new covenant in Christ -- "that (we) love one another" just as You have loved us" and "by this everyone will know that (we) are (Your) disciples, if (we) have love for one another" (John 13:34-35). "For the one who loves another has fulfilled the law" (Romans 13:8).  In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you live and experience the law of love in Christ today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!