Monday, November 13, 2017

Morning by Morning, November 13 - Honoring Our Veterans and Our Greatest Veteran
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for the leading of Your Spirit, here in the embrace of my Father to begin my day in the intimacy of prayer.  ...
 
"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends" (John 15:13).
 
This weekend our nation honored the men and women who have been willing to fight and die for our freedom and our honor as our Veterans. We're thankful for their service. We're thankful for their sacrifice. We're thankful that they answered the call with courage and conviction to willingly lay down their lives for us. We owe them our respect and honor them with our gratitude -- "respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due" (Romans 13:7).
 
And as I honor them, I honor You. You set aside the glory of heaven to humble Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood to lay down Your life for me -- "even death on a cross" (Philippians 2:5-11). You are the Veteran of the greatest war ever fought -- the war between heaven and hell, between good and evil, between forgiveness and sin. The battle scars You bear are the jagged nail wounds upon Your hands and feet forever for us (John 20:27).  
 
Through Your sacrifice of love -- a sacrifice we really can't even begin to fully grasp -- our world condemned to die will experience a new heavens and a new earth through the sufferings of Your cross and the glory of Your resurrection (John 3:16). "Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him" (John 3:17). We honor You and thank You. Thank You for Your service and Your sacrifice. "Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through Jesus Christ!"  -- our Greatest Veteran! (1 Corinthians 15:57)

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




I pray you're filled with gratitude and respect in honor of our veterans and our Greatest Veteran, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!




I invite you to join with me on the spiritual journey of hungering and thirsting for more with a couple of my books I believe I've been led to write and to share:

A Deeper Journey to Healing and Freedom
 
 
 
A Deeper Journey to Intimacy in Prayer
 
 


God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue