Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Morning by Morning, November 7 - Peace Through the Troubles and Tribulations
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- You are One; and You are with me. I welcome You here within me and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.... Rise, let us be on our way" (John 14:27-31).
 
Every morning, I can rise and be on my way with You because Your peace is within me. As You promised to Your first disciples, You continue to promise every disciple, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33 NKJV).
 
When my world feels full of foreboding and fear, chaos and confusion, injustice and inhumanity, troubles and tribulations, You invite me to find my peace in You. You remind me You are the "Prince of Peace" -- my "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). You encourage me to overcome by embracing the One who has already overcome (Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21).
 
As I do, there's a shifting in me, long before there's any shifting in the world around me. It's a shifting of perspective that gives me peace in the confidence and assurance of Your Presence. You're with me through it all (Isaiah 43:2; Psalm 23:4). You never leave me, nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). You're with me "always" (Matthew 28:20). 
 
And when it's all been said and done, when I see with my eyes what I've known in my heart, that You've been with me to the end, I will look and see that none of the things of this world that tried to overwhelm me and overcome me to steal my peace had the last word or defined my life. You did. You always have and You always will. And Your word over me is always good (Jeremiah 29:11). You are the Living Word of God, who is always with me (John 1:14). And that's what gives me "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, (which) will guard (our) hearts and (our) minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:7). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




I pray you will know the peace that surpasses all understanding through every trouble and tribulation you ever endure, safe and secure, encouraged and overcoming in the One who is your Prince of Peace, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

Friends, I join with you in prayer for all those who are grieving and struggling with the tragic loss of life in the community of Sutherland Springs, Texas and everywhere the troubles and tribulations of this world seek to overwhelm and overcome us.
     
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue