Friday, December 01, 2017

Morning by Morning, December 1 - The Fire and Hammer of the Words of the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm listening for Your leading, as I'm worshipping and waiting in the intimacy of Your Presence -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let the one who has My word speak My word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? says the Lord. Is not My word like fire, says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:28-29)
 
Your words are like fire -- they burn in our hearts; they purify our souls; they consume us with a passion to live our lives for the glory of Your name and the joy of delighting Your heart (Jeremiah 9:23-24). Your words are like a hammer -- they break the rock of our pride, in all of our rebellious independence from humbly, desperately depending on You as the Source of all that we are and all that we need; they break off the shackles and chains of all that would weigh us down or hold us back or trip us up from living into the fullness of all You created us to be and empower us to do -- secure in our identity and fulfilling our destiny in You. Your words create us and sustain us, encourage us and empower us, renew us and revive us -- like water to our souls and life to our spirits.
 
Lord, let me hear Your words (John 10:3). Let me be one who has "ears to hear" (Mark 4:23). Like a fire and a hammer, let Your words change my heart every day. What I hear, let me speak. And what I speak, let me live, so that what I live brings joy to You and joy to me and joy to all who would hear any of Your words of truth and love, spirit and life, healing and hope, You would share through me and live out through me. 
 
Speaking of the power of Your words long ago, You continue to speak to us and empower us by Your words today:  "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples.... I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:7-11). Lord, let me be a disciple who hears Your words, joyfully embracing them to abide in me and flow out of me each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




I pray the words of the Lord abide in you and flow out of you, as you encounter and embrace the living Presence of the Living Word of God every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

   

I'm excited to be preaching in Karachi, Pakistan by Skypethrough the internet this Sunday, December 3rd, at Abundant Life Church! Please keep us in prayer for a mighty move of the Holy Spirit!

My friend, I invite you to join with me on the spiritual journey of hungering and thirsting for more with a couple of my books I believe I've been led to write and to share:

God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!