Thursday, January 25, 2018

Morning by Morning, January 25 - Walk with God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart on the path of our morning journey of prayer together--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him" (Genesis 5:24).
 
When my life on earth is done and my spirit goes to be with You forever, when this earthly vessel of flesh and bones is returned to dust, I want to know that I walked with You. I want to know that I didn't spend my days walking alone, getting by by just getting by in my own strength, in my own wisdom, trying to live my life in my own will for my own purposes and my own glory. I want more than that. I want to walk with You.
 
You set before me a choice every day, as I arise and begin my journey. I can walk with You or walk alone; I can live for You or live for myself. I can try to find my fulfillment and meaning in all that this world has to offer or I can turn to the One who created me, who knows me by name, who loves me and longs to walk along with me and live here within me. 
 
You said long ago, "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14). I want to find it. I want to find You. I want to walk with You. You are the Gate (John 10:7). You are the Way that leads to life (John 14:6). 
 
So I choose to walk with You. Take my heart into Your heart and my spirit into Your Spirit until my will apart from Your will and my way apart from Your way is "no more" (Genesis 5:24). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you walk with God in the intimacy and communion of His abiding Presence today and every day with your heart in His heart and your spirit in His Spirit in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend! 



Friends, I welcome you to join with me in a daily journey of passionate, pursuing prayer through my 365 Day Prayer Devotional, Morning by Morning, Second Edition, for a deeply intimate and personal journey of prayer each day.

https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Daily-Prayer-Journey-Second/dp/1540466922/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1515422684&sr=8-2

 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!