Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Morning by Morning, January 31 - Presidential Proclamation:  "In God We Trust"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice as I worship and wait in the communion of prayer.  ...
 
"For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us" (Psalm 62:5-8).
 
Last night at the President's State of the Union Address, he declared the motto of our nation is "In God we trust." Regardless of political persuasion, love him or hate him, his presidential proclamations from his position of governmental authority have spiritual significance for our nation. "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for everyone, for kings and all who are in high positions, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and dignity" (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
 
May the motto of our nation become an authentic expression of the people of my land, in humility and honor, in faithfulness and obedience before You, O God. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as His own inheritance. The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His dwelling He looks on all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their heart individually; He considers all their works. No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by strength. A horse is a vain hope for safety; neither shall it deliver any by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You" (Psalm 33:12-22 NKJV).
 
And Lord, let the motto of our nation be the motto of my heart. By grace and in faith, may I trust in You and Your holy name. Forgive me for when I'm tempted to trust in myself or anything less than Your will as my destiny and Your Word as my authority. Give me a holy fear of the Lord to honor You and a holy love of the Lord to trust You. For me and for my nation, may You always be "our help and our shield," for in God we trust. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you trust in the Lord with all your heart, leaning not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledging Him and trusting His to direct your paths--for you and for your nation, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend! 

   


Friends, I welcome you to join with me in a daily journey of passionate, pursuing prayer through my 365 Day Prayer Devotional, Morning by Morning, Second Edition, for a deeply intimate and personal journey of prayer each day.


https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Daily-Prayer-Journey-Second/dp/1540466922/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1515422684&sr=8-2

 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!