Monday, April 16, 2018

Morning by Morning, April 16 - My Morning Time with God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're one with the Father and one with the Holy Spirit; be one within me, as I abide in You and You abide in me.  ...
 
"Let me hear of Your steadfast love in the morning, for in You I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.... Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. Let Your good Spirit lead me on a level path" (Psalm 143:8-10). 
 
I settle in to my place of prayer and center in with my focus on You. I lift up my heart and open up my spirit, as I greet You and welcome You into the moments of my day. "Good morning, Lord Jesus."
 
I could say, "Good morning, heavenly Father" or "Come, Holy Spirit" or "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come!"  But for many years, from when I first began to journal my morning prayer, this has been my simple way to focus my heart and begin my day centered in You--embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.
 
And every morning is a good morning because Your good Spirit is with me--to love me and lead me on the level path of life in You, to teach me and tell me the ways of Your will--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. You put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. You take me by hand and lead me by the heart on my journey of faith that begins each day in worship and prayer, in trusting surrender and faithful obedience.
 
In these morning moments of deep communion in prayer, You begin my daily journey of making me more like You, as I intentionally, deliberately entrust my soul again completely to You. "For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--make us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image" (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NLT).
 
Thank You for letting me hear Your steadfast love in the morning. Thank You for letting me experience the peace and joy of Your Presence as I seek to simply be still and know that You are God, here at the foundation of my day with You at the center of my life (Psalm 46:10). "You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your Presence and the pleasures of living with You forever" (Psalm 16:11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you experience the peace and joy of the Presence of God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--as you intentionally, deliberately entrust you soul to Him every morning and throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for meGod bless you, my friend! 

   
   
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!