Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Morning by Morning, May 23 - One Thing I Seek After with All My Heart
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me be one spirit with You-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God-here in the intimacy of worship and prayer in my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after:  to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple.... Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! 'Come,' my heart says, 'seek His face!' Your face, Lord, do I seek" (Psalm 27:4-8).
 
Stir a deeper hunger in my heart to seek You, to passionately pursue You, as if You were the "One Thing" that matters most. The truth is You are. You are I AM. You are my "All in All" (1 Corinthians 15:58).
 
It seems I hear You speaking in my spirit:  "I Am worthy of your pursuit. I Am worthy of your surrender of everything else and everything less. I Am worthy of your holy obsession to wholeheartedly pursue Me with all your heart and mind and soul and strength. I Am the fulfillment of all you desire, all you need, and all I've created you to be. Your heart is the house of the Lord. Your heart is My temple. Behold My beauty in your heart; and My glory of My presence will fill My temple in your heart all the days of your life."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. This One Thing I ask of You, this One Thing will I seek after. Thank You for the promise of Your Word:  "(My) body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in (me), whom (I) have from God... therefore (I) glorify God in (my) body and in (my) spirit, which are God's" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV). Thank You for the invitation of Your Word to embrace this holy obsession to passionately pursue Your presence:  "When you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:13).
 
In response to Your voice and the stirring of Your Spirit, I cry out to You from the depths of my heart in the very words of Your Word:  "How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.... Happy are those who live in Your house, ever singing Your praise.... For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere!" (Psalm 84:1-10)  
 
In the mystery of faith and the power of Your grace, Your dwelling place and Your house and Your temple and Your courts are right here in my heart every moment of every day in You (Romans 8:9). And from this place, here in my heart, I seek the One Thing I'm coming to crave and desire most, above everything else and everything less. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray your heart is stirred with a holy obsession and passionate pursuit of the One Thing who want to fill your heart and your life above everything else and everything less, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

Friends, I'm excited to be speaking on 
the Healing Ministry of Jesus at the Vineyard Church
 of San Antonio again this coming Sunday.
Please keep us in prayer for the moving of God's Holy Spirit 
in His power and love in the mighty name of Jesus! 
I pray the same of you!
   

Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance Ministry

 


Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!