Friday, May 04, 2018

Morning by Morning, May 4 - Always Ready for the Presence of God
  
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...

"The Lord said to Moses, 'Cut two tablets of stone like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets, which you broke. Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai and present yourself there to Me, on the top of the mountain.... So Moses cut two tablets of stone like the former ones; and he rose early in the morning and went up on Mount Sinai, as the Lord commanded him, and took in his hand the two tablets of stone. The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name, 'The Lord (YHWH)'" (Exodus 34:1-5). 

O Lord, my God--Yahweh, Jehovah, Great I AM, Abba Father--I want to "be ready in the morning" to come up to the mountain of Your Presence, here in the communion of my heart in worship and prayer. Touch Your finger to the tablet of my heart and write Your will for my day along the journey of my life into my soul. 

When Moses came down from the mountain, "the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God" (Exodus 34:24). And now in the "New Covenant, not of letter but of Spirit" in Christ, I never have to come down from the mountain or out of Your Presence (2 Corinthians 3:6; Luke 22:20). By Your great mercy and loving grace, I can be always ready, always available, always waiting on You and welcoming You, always embracing You and Your Presence with me--here in communion with my spirit, shining with the light of Your glory through my heart and upon the countenance of my face. "For it is the God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you are always ready for the Presence of God, always available for His manifest Presence to fill your heart and flow through your life every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

   
   
Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!