Monday, May 07, 2018

Morning by Morning, May 7 - "Go Out and Grow Fat!"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your leading to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ... 

"'For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, and all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,' says the Lord of hosts, 'that will leave them neither root nor branch. But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves. You shall trample the wicked, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,' says the Lord of hosts" (Malachi 4:1-3 NKJV).

Finally! I knew there was a verse in the Bible somewhere that said "go out and grow fat!" Thank You, Lord for leading me to this verse today! My wife and friends seem to think I'm supposed to go out to the gym and grow skinny. But no doubt, that would only lead me to be among "the proud" and find myself among the "stubble" instead of among the humble and hearty. Yes, Your ways are truly higher than our ways and Your thoughts are higher than our thoughts! 

But somehow, even as I write my morning prayer today, I sense You are speaking something deeper. You're speaking of the blessings that come with obedience to You, flowing out of a trusting relationship with You. When we are among those "who fear (Your) name," who honor Your Word, who entrust their lives to the One who loves us and leads us in the paths of righteousness, "the Sun of Righteousness" arises in our lives. And even the enemy of our souls is trampled under our feet.  

So, Lord, please forgive me for taking a little liberty and having a little fun with my morning prayer today. But after all, You are the One who said, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV) and "in Your presence is fullness of joy!" (Psalm 16:11 NKJV)  "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope" (Psalm 16:9 NKJV).  

Forgiven and free, would You fill me afresh with Your Spirit today (Ephesians 5:18).  By the power of Your grace, may I go out and grow fat in the security of my identity in You, living into the fullness of the destiny of my blessings in You--"leaping like a (fat) calf from the stall!" (Malachi 4:2 NRSV)  In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are filled with the joy of the Lord today, going out and growing fat in the fullness of all He has for you and desires to do through you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

   
   
Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!