Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Morning by Morning, July 24 - "Right Beside Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in the way of life in You today.  ...
 
"I bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For You will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your Presence the pleasures of living with You forever!" (Psalm 16:7-11 NLT)
 
You are "right beside me."  ...
 
What if I were to live my life believing that was true?  ...
 
What if I were to live this day believing that was true? ...
 
If I truly believed You were right beside me, would I make different choices throughout the moment of my day. Would I be more secure and confident? Would I be more careful and diligent? Would I be more honest and faithful? Would I be afraid in the fear of the Lord or would I be fearless in the certainty of my Savior?
 
The truth is You are right beside me. Always (Matthew 28:20). You never leave me (Hebrews 13:5). In fact, You are within me by the indwelling of Your very Spirit (Colossians 1:27; 1 Corinthians 3:16). You always know every thought in my mind and every desire in my heart. I couldn't hide from You if I tried. They don't make fig leaves that big anymore!
 
The truth is:  "O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place Your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! I can never escape from Your Spirit! I can never get away from Your Presence! If I go up to heaven, You are there; if I god down to the grave, You are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there You hand will guide me, and Your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night -- but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.... And when I wake up, You are still with me!" (Psalm 139:18 NLT)
 
So no matter how it makes me feel or act, You are "right beside me" regardless. And in the light of that eternal truth, give me grace to live my life each day with a deeper awareness of that truth and Your Presence. It's a good thing. No, it's a great thing. In fact, it's a grace thing that I could never earn and never deserve, but only receive as the great gift of God that it is -- the gift of the ever-abiding Presence of my God who loves me and likes being with me! 
 
Thank You, Lord! Help me learn to appreciate You and Your Presence more. Thank You for being "right beside me" every moment of my life forever. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you live this day and every day in the growing awareness of the ever-abiding Presence of God who loves you and likes being with you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

            

Update on Preaching in Pakistan.  Friends, due to heavy rains we had to postpone our open-air evangelistic meeting in Pakistan through our Skype Internet Ministry from last Friday night until this coming weekend. Thank you for all your prayers, encouragement, and support for this. Each month, I will be preaching in different villages around Lahore, Pakistan in the Punjab Region. Please keep us in prayer for salvation, healing, deliverance, and revival in the mighty name of Jesus! God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!