Thursday, July 26, 2018

Morning by Morning, July 26 - Kind and Powerful Words

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Master, Savior, Lord and King, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I yield my will to Your will to begin my day walking with You.  ... 

"Kind words are like honey -- sweet to the soul and healthy for the body" (Proverbs 16:24 NLT). 

Anoint my words with kindness today. Speak Your words through my mouth, words of spirit and life, powerful words to encourage and comfort and edify (1 Corinthians 14:3). Sanctify my tongue to "sustain the weary with a word" (Isaiah 50:4).  

Kindness is part of Your nature, for "the Lord is just in all His ways and kind in all His doings" (Psalm 145:17). And it's a part of Your nature that You desire to express through my nature. You desire that we "show kindness and mercy to one another" as an extension of Your heart and Your words through our lives every day -- especially on the days and with the people where it's hardest to be kind and merciful (Zechariah 7:9). As you said as You walked this earth in the flesh as our example, "Love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful" (Luke 6:35-36). 

"The fruit of the Spirit is ... kindness.... If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit" (Galatians 5:22-25). So I need You to guide me by Your Spirit to be kind and merciful, to speak kind words, even as I am "speaking the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15). "Love is patient; love kind" (1 Corinthians 13:4). It will be sweet to the soul and healthy to the body -- for theirs and for mine. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are anointed and guided by the Holy Spirit to speak kind and powerful words today that encourage and comfort and edify all those you encounter, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
            


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!