Monday, August 20, 2018

Morning by Morning, August 20 - Perhaps a Perfect Prayer
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. First of all, I seek You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  I look to You, to worship and pray, to watch and wait, to listen as You lead, to begin my day fully surrendered to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace.  ...
 
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name. I pray that, according to the riches of His glory, He may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through His Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:16-19).
 
Yes, Lord. I receive this prayer from the apostle Paul, inspired by Your Holy Spirit and imparted into my human spirit. Every dimension of the trinity of God, the tri-unity of God, is mentioned and moving in this flow of power and love from heaven to earth and from Your heart to mine -- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
 
O Lord, my God, I gladly receive this prayer, because I desperately need this prayer. I desperately need to bow my knees in humble surrender and trusting faith before You, my Father. I desperately need to be strengthened in my inner being with Your power through Your Spirit. I desperately need You, Lord Jesus the Christ, to be Lord of my life, as You dwell in my heart through faith in You. I desperately need to be rooted and grounded in Your love, so I can love You with an undivided heart -- with all my heart and mind and soul and strength, loving You and loving others, as an unhindered expression of Your nature through my life. I desperately need to comprehend with my mind what You're doing in my heart, as You're teaching me and empowering me to experience and know the love of Christ, more and more every day. And in all these ways, I desperately need to be filled with all the fullness of God.
 
What more could I pray? What more could You desire? This may be a perfect prayer that perfectly expresses Your heart for my heart and Your will for my life. Lord, let it be so. "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever!" (Ephesians 3:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are filled with all the fullness of God, embracing and experiencing all the Lord has for you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the common of the Holy Spirit be with you" (2 Corinthians 13:13). God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!