Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Morning by Morning, September 11 - "When the Towers Fall"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I need You here in my heart and my thoughts every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Truly, O people of Zion, inhabitants of Jerusalem, you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you. Though the Lord may give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.' Then you will defile your silver-covered idols and your gold-plated images. You will scatter them like filthy rags; you will say to them, 'Away with you.' He will give rain for see with which you sow the ground, and grain the produce of the ground, which will be rich and plenteous. On that day your cattle will graze in broad pastures; and the oxen and donkeys that till the ground will eat silage, which has been winnowed with shovel and fork. On every lofty mountain and every high hill there will be brooks running with water -- on a day of great slaughter, when the towers fall. Moreover the light of the moon will be like the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be sevenfold, like the light of seven days, on the day when the Lord binds up the injuries of His people, and heals the wounds inflicted by His blow" (Isaiah 30:19-26).
 
On this day of 9-11, forever written into our hearts as a nation and sealed with the scars upon our land, may we humble ourselves to seek Your face and pray. In the mysteries of good and evil, of divine protection and divine judgment, of the consequences of both humility and pride, of obedience and rebellion, of hope and despair, may we turn to the One who's heart toward us is to bind up our injuries and heal our wounds. May we listen for the One who longs to speak to us, saying, "This is the way; walk in it. This is My hand to restore and redeem you; embrace it. This is My desire to honor you as you honor Me; trust it. This is My invitation to lift you up as you humble yourself in My sight; receive it."
 
Yes, Lord. We need You. Apart from You, we can do nothing (John 15:5). And by Your mercy and grace, we are not apart from You. You never leave us, nor forsake us; even when You discipline us, You always love us and long to restore us (Hebrews 13:5). "So we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6).
 
Even "when the towers fall," You are our security and strength, our resilience and redeemer, because our hope, our faith, and our trust is in You alone. "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I; for You are my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy" (Psalm 61:2-3). "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe" (Proverbs 18:10). O Lord our God, You are our Strong Tower that shall never fall. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I join with you in prayer for our nation and all the nations of the earth in response to the promise of God's Word:  "If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgiven their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14), in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend!
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!