Friday, October 26, 2018

Morning by Morning, October 26 - Wisdom and Understanding from Holy Angels and the Holy Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here in Your presence -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- I want to hear Your voice and sense Your leading from the intimate place of communion in prayer.  ...
 
"While I was speaking, and was praying and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God on behalf of the holy mountain of my God -- while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen before in a vision, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice. He came and said to me, 'Daniel, I have now come out to give you wisdom and understanding. At the beginning of your supplications a word went out, and I have come to declare it, for you are greatly beloved. So consider the word and understand the vision" (Daniel 9:20-23).
 
Lord, You draw us near in prayer, as a beloved children of God. You forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from my unrighteousness, that there would nothing separating us from You (1 John 1:9). You send Your Spirit, You send Your angels, You send Your word with wisdom and understanding to consider Your word and understand Your vision. You're a God who's intimately involved in our lives -- speaking to us and leading us into the fulfill of Your purposes though our lives (John 10:3).
 
In the days of Daniel, Your Spirit came upon Your people at particular times, in particular ways, for particular purposes. But in Christ, we encounter You and embrace You through an even "better covenant" (Hebrews 7:22). In our days, You still send Your angels with Your word to give us wisdom and understanding to see Your vision and follow Your leading (Acts 5:19-20; 8:26; 10:3; 12:7; 27:23-24). "Are not all angels spirits in the divine service, sent to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14) 
 
But at the same time, You have now poured out Your Spirit on all flesh to hear Your voice and see Your vision with the wisdom and understanding You impart to our hearts (Acts 2:16-18). Your very Spirit fills us and abides within us (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 6:19). From within us, You shape our thoughts and guide our steps, giving us the desire and the power to hear You, to trust You, and to obey You (Philippians 2:13). You give us the wisdom and understanding "from above" because the Spirit of the One who is all true Wisdom and Understanding, the One who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, lives in us (James 3:17; Romans 8:9).
 
So I pray for Your wisdom and understanding. I pray for Your vision of all I need to see and to know, and the patience and faith to rest in You from all I have no need to see and to know at this time. I pray for the divine service of Your holy angels who come in "swift flight" at Your command -- the "mighty ones who do His bidding, obedient to the His spoken word" (Daniel 9:21; Psalm 103:20). I pray for Your abiding presence, here in my heart, as You abide in me and I abide in You (John 15:4). And I pray for an ever-increasing filling of Your Holy Spirit -- Spirit to spirit, Deep to deep -- in the communion of prayer and intimacy with You, where You invite me to "pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication" (Ephesians 5:18 and 6:18). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are filled with the Holy Spirit and receive the ministry of the Lord's holy angels to know the wisdom and understanding of God for your life each day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!