Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Morning by Morning, December 4 - Eternity in Our Hearts, God's Presence Infusing Our Present

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak Your truth into my spirit, as my spirit embraced Your Spirit in the communion of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ... 

"For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:  I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.... Peace, peace, to the far and the near, says the Lord; and I will heal them" (Isaiah 57:15-19). 

You inhabit eternity. And at the same time, in the mystery of faith and the trans-dimensional nature of Your Presence, You also inhabit us. And it's humility that welcomes Your habitation.  

As I humble myself in Your sight, You lift me up (James 4:10). As I humble myself in Your sight, I draw near to You and You draw near to me (James 4:8). When I acknowledge my desperate need of You, my desperate dependence upon You alone, You fill my heart with Your Presence and revive my spirit with Your Life. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.... Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:3-8). 

When heaven infuses my heart, eternity infuses my present. When the Presence of God fills my heart, my heart is full of the hope of eternity and my heart is full of "the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity." That's how You created me, and that's how You've created me to experience You and the eternity of Your Presence right here, right now, in my present. You "put eternity in (our) hearts" (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NKJV). So You invite me to pray with expectant faith that my spirit may be infused with Your Spirit, that I "may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19 and 5:18). 

My body is Your temple; my heart is Your home. And Your Word asks of us as Your children and Your disciples, "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? ... God's temple is holy, and you are that temple" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). You've prepared a place for me, and You invite me to prepare a place for You -- right here in my heart, where Your eternity infuses my present -- saying to all who have ears to hear and a heart to receive, "where I AM, there you may be also" (John 14:3). "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). 

So come, Holy Spirit -- Spirit of the Living God. Come live in me; come dwell in me; come fill Your temple with Your glory, as Your eternity infuses my present and Your Presence infuses my spirit. You've put this desire of eternity in my heart, just as You've put this passion for this unity and intimacy of communion with You in my spirit. So come, be One within me, as You make me one with You -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit of God (John 17:20-26). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




Beloved one, I pray God's Presence infuses your present, with His glory filling the temple of your heart, as you draw near to Him in humility and He draws near to You in His intimacy and love, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Morning by Morning. Order my 365 Day Prayer Devotional for yourself or a friend to begin the New Year starting off each day embraced by the Father, centered in Jesus, and filled afresh with the Holy Spirit.
 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!