Friday, January 18, 2019

Morning by Morning, January 18 - The Government that Never Shuts Down
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"The government will rest on His shoulders, and He will be called:  Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of His ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven's Armies will make this happen!" (Isaiah 9:6-7 NLT)
 
We hear a lot these days about "the government shutdown." We hear plenty of heated debate on every side about why it's happening and who it's hurting and what it means and how long it will last. God knows... (Isaiah 47:10).
 
But at the same time, this is what I know: While I'm a citizen of the government of my county, I am first and foremost a citizen of the government of heaven. "We are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His own, using the same power with which He will bring everything under His control!" (Philippians 3:20-21 NLT)
 
There's no "shutdown" in my government. My fellow citizens and I are secure in the One who rules and reigns forever. Our hope and faith is in the One Who's not elected with human votes, Who's not swayed by human debates, and Who's not anxious about human power struggles, because "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to (Him)" (Matthew 28:18). He is my "Wonderful Counselor," my "Mighty God," my "Everlasting Father", and my "Prince of Peace!" And "of His kingdom there will be no end!" (Luke 1:33)
 
I look forward to the day when this Word is ultimately fulfilled, here on earth as it already, eternally is in heaven:  "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15)  And every day between this and that day to come -- here in this earthly dimension as it already is in the heavenly dimension -- I say in my heart:  "Lord, let Your kingdom come! Lord, let Your will be done! Here in me, here in my country, here in every moment of day and every step of my journey, here on earth as it is in heaven" (from Matthew 6:10). 
 
Governments may shut down. Debates may rage on. Ultimately, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but (Your) words will not pass away!" (Matthew 24:32; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33)  A "new heaven and a new earth" are on their way (Revelation 21:1). So my faith and my hope is in You alone. "You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation!" (Psalm 89:26) "Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; and let them say among the nations, 'The Lord reigns!" (1 Chronicles 16:31)  In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are confident and secure, filled with hope and faith, in the One who is your Wonderful Counselor, your Mighty God, your Everlasting Father, and your Prince of Peace no matter what you or your nation is going through, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me! God bless you, my friend!

 

 
   

Morning by Morning, Daily Devotional Book. One's year's worth of a selection of my daily prayer devotionals -- written fresh every morning from the communion of prayer to begin your day embraced by your Father, centered in Jesus, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Join me on the journey or share this with a friend who's longing for a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.

 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy

Keynote Speaker in Shropshire, England for March Conference "Release for the Captives!"
Friends, I'm excited to be invited as Keynote Speaker this year for the European Conference of the Holy Spirit through Aldersgate Renewal Ministries in Shropshire, England in March. The theme this year is "Release for the Captives!"  Come join us!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!