Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Morning by Morning, January 9 - Building the Wall
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice as I watch and wait for Your leading to deliberately begin my day yielded and surrendered to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
 
"Jerusalem shall be inhabited like villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and animals in it. For I will be a wall of fire all around it, says the Lord, and I will be the glory within it" (Zechariah 2:4-5).
 
We hear a lot in our nation these days about building a wall for our security. But at the same time, I believe I hear in my heart: "I AM your Wall. I AM your Security. Look to Me, My people, to be your Wall and Shield, Your Protection and Security. Let My Spirit be a Wall of Fire around you. Let My Glory be the Light and Strength within you."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. As I ponder and test what I sense in my spirit, this Scripture comes to mind:  "O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying to me, 'There is no help for you in God.' But You, O Lord, are a Shield around me, my Glory, and the One who lifts my head. I cry aloud to the Lord, and He answers me from His holy hill.... Deliverance belongs to the Lord; may Your blessings be on Your people!" (Psalm 3:1-8)
 
For me and for my nation and as far as Your grace will go, we cry out to You, O Lord, our God. Be our Wall! Be our Shield! Be our Strength! Be our Light and our Glory! No matter how high, high thick, or how long we build our walls, all that's built in our own strength or wisdom or pride apart from You will not stand -- whether in our nation or in our hearts.
 
Yes, we must be practical. But as a people, called and commanded to pray and "seek the welfare" of the nation where we live, we must also be spiritual (Jeremiah 29:7; 1 Timothy 2:1-2). As You said, we must "be wise as serpents and innocent as doves" (Matthew 10:16). But above all, we must be humbly seeking You first and Your Kingdom and Your Righteousness so that all we need will be provided to us (Matthew 6:33). 
 
Above all, You are the Wall we need to build by humbly calling on Your name, prayerfully seeking Your face, and faithfully yielding to Your will. As Your Word promises in Your great covenant of revival:  "If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).
 
Come, Holy Spirit! Come Holy Fire! Be a Wall of Fire around us! Be a Consuming Fire within us! "For indeed our God is a Consuming Fire!" (Hebrews 12:29)  In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray you are safe and secure with the Wall of Fire of the Lord surrounding you and the Holy Fire of His Holy Spirit burning within you, in Jesus' name! I pray the same for your nation and mine. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Morning by Morning, Daily Devotional Book. One's year's worth of a selection of my daily prayer devotionals -- written fresh every morning from the communion of prayer to begin your day embraced by your Father, centered in Jesus, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Join me on the journey and share this with a friend who's longing for a deeper, more intimate relationship with God.

 

Register for the Healing Academy.
Friends, I'll be teaching at the Healing Academy on Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry this coming February 5-8, 2019 in the Nashville area at the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Center. Please come join us if you're being called to healing prayer ministry! Sign up today:    Healing Academy

Keynote Speaker in Shropshire, England for March Conference "Release for the Captives!"
Friends, I'm excited to be invited as Keynote Speaker this year for the European Conference of the Holy Spirit through Aldersgate Renewal Ministries in Shropshire, England in March. The theme this year is "Release for the Captives!"  Come join us!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!