Thursday, April 25, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 25 - Time to "Break Camp and Move On"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Lord of my life and every moment of my day. ...
 
"When we were at Mount Sinai, the Lord our God said to us, 'You have stayed at this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on. Go to the hill country, the western foothills, the Negev, and the coastal plain. Go to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, and all the way to the great Euphrates River. Look, I am giving all this land to you! Go in and occupy it, for it is the land the Lord swore to give to. Your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and to all their descendants.... And may the Lord, the God of your ancestors, multiply you a thousand times more and bless you as He promised!" (Deuteronomy 1:6-11 NLT)
 
Sometimes we settle for far less than the fullness of our inheritance. Sometimes we settle in to places and arrangements that become comfortable and common, when it's time to "break camp and move on." And sometimes we shrink back from pressing in to "go in and occupy" the promises and blessings of God You've already set apart for us.
 
Even today, the nation of Israel -- as the children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- occupy only a tiny sliver of the land You promised to her and her descendants -- a land that You determined to stretch from the coastlands of Lebanon and the Gaza Strip of the ancient Philistines all the way to the Euphrates River that runs through Syria and Iraq. And in our hearts, as the children of God in Christ, You have promised us that You have already "blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places," but we tend to only live into only a tiny sliver of all You have sacrificed and paid for us to receive (Ephesians 1:3). And yet Your heart is to bless us and multiply us even "a thousand times more!" (Deuteronomy 1:11).
 
Lord, show me any areas of my life where I have been camped out too long. Show me any places where I need to break camp and move on. Show me the limits I've allowed to be imposed, the promises I've allowed to be unfulfilled, and the inheritance of Your blessings I've allowed to be withheld because I've stayed long enough living into something less than all You've created me and called me to be.
 
The promises of God are Yes and Amen. "For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between 'Yes' and 'No.' ... As God's ultimate 'Yes,' He always does what He says. For all God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding 'Yes!' and through Christ, our "Amen' ascends to God from His glory! ... He has identified as His own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything He has promised us" (2 Corinthians 1:19-22 NLT)
 
You say "Yes" and I say "Amen." You say "Break camp and move on" and I say "I'm on my way." We're on this journey together -- out of my Egypt, through my Wilderness, and on into the fullness of my Promised Land. It's not about anything I've ever done or can ever do apart from You, but it's all by the power of Your grace at work in me to fulfill Your plans. So give me grace to take hold of Your hand and live into Your plan wherever You lead me and whenever You send me. As I do, I know I'll be blessed "a thousand times more" than I could ever ask or imagine (Deuteronomy 1:11; Ephesians 3:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you break camp and move on from anything holding you back from living into the fullness of all God has promised and provided for you -- all in His time and all in His way, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer on Saturday. I'll be joining with my ministry partner at Rapha God Ministries, Tammy Watts, to speak on inner healing prayer ministry at Oak Hills Church - Alamo Ranch in San Antonio. Thank you and God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!