Friday, April 26, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 26 - "Lead a Life Worthy of Your Calling"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- align my spirit, soul, and body with Your will and Your ways for my life today. ...
 
"Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love" (Ephesians 4:1-2 NLT).
 
Holy Spirit, search my heart. Am I leading a life worthy of my calling? Do I believe in my heart I am called by God? Am I always humble and gentle? Am I patient with others? Do I make allowance for peoples' faults because of my love for them and my love for You? ...
 
Sometimes I think of "my calling" as more about teaching, preaching, ministering healing and freedom through prayer, and leading people to You. But in light of Your Word to me this morning, I'm seeing more deeply that "my calling" to "go make disciples" must be grounded and infused with humility, gentleness, patience, and love. And in all honesty, I have far to go in allowing You to make me more like You in every one of those ways.
 
That reminds me of another Word of Your wisdom and perspective for leading a life worthy of my calling: "If I speak in tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I had over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:1-3).
 
Lord, give me a heart to passionately pursue Your nature, as well as the sense of my calling. Put Your desires in my heart and Your thoughts in my mind. Give me a deeper love and greater zeal for things like humility, gentleness, patience, and love. Then the expression of the gifts and calling You've entrusted to me will flow out of me in a way that looks much more like You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you lead a life worthy of your calling -- growing in a deeper love and greater zeal for humility, gentleness, patience, and love -- more like Jesus every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer on Saturday. I'll be joining with my ministry partner at Rapha God Ministries, Tammy Watts, to speak on inner healing prayer ministry at Oak Hills Church - Alamo Ranch in San Antonio. Thank you and God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!