Friday, April 05, 2019

Morning by Morning, April 4 - The Glory of God in the Temple of My Heart
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me one with You -- for "anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). ...
 
"Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and you are not your own.... For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
 
Come into Your temple, Lord -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. Cleanse the temple of my heart and fill my temple with Your heart. "God's Spirit has been poured into (my) heart through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5). Here at the beginning of my day and throughout every moment of my day to come, let me "be filled with the Spirit ... giving thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:18-20).
 
Through trusting surrender -- making room for more of You and less of me, more of Your will and less of my will, living into more of Your ways and less of my ways -- embracing Your invitation to deeper intimacy and closer communion, I "sanctify Christ as Lord in (my) heart" (1 Peter 3:15 NAB). I "worship Christ as Lord of (my) life" (1 Peter 3:15 NLT). And I grow in spiritual maturity to come closer to the place where I can say as truth the desire of my heart that "I live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20 NLT).
 
Lord Jesus, as I behold You and worship You, as I surrender to You and embrace You, as I sanctify You as Lord in my heart, You are changing me into Your image "from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord" who abides in the temple of my heart (2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV). Let Your grace abound more and more until I'm fully living into the promise of Your Word -- "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). "For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in (the temple of) our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ!" (2 Corinthians 4:6 NKJV) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with fresh hope and fresh faith to let hope deferred become a desire fulfilled, ready to yield God's beautiful and powerful fruit through your life in this new season of the fullness of time, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!