Monday, May 06, 2019

Morning by Morning, May 6 - Sanctified and Baptized in the Holy Fire of the Holy Spirit

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I worship You in every dimension of Your Being from every dimension of my being -- spirit, soul, and body. ... 

"May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who call you is faithful, and He will do this" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24). 

Holy Spirit, You are the Fire of God who burns in my heart to purify me and sanctify me -- entirely, completely, whole-heartedly in spirit and soul and body (Romans 15:16). By the power of Your grace at work within me, I "have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with His blood; that grace and peace may be (mine) in abundance" (1 Peter 1:2). 

Holy Fire of God, burn in me. You are "a consuming Fire" (Hebrews 12:29). Consume me. Purify me. Sanctify me. Burn everything out of me that's not yet like You until I'm willingly, joyfully, and entirely "obedient to Jesus Christ" with His authority in my words and His nature in my heart. Make me more like Jesus each day (Romans 8:29; 1 John 4:17). "Christ in (me), the hope of glory," as You make me "mature in Christ" yielding to Your holy Flame and embracing Your consuming Fire (Colossians 1:27-28). 

Lord Jesus, You are the One who is "powerful" to "baptize (me) with the Holy Spirit and Fire" (Matthew 3:5). This is "the promise of the Father" -- to "be baptized with the Holy Spirit" so that I "receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon (me); and (I) will be (one of Your) witnesses ... to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:4-8). 

Baptize my spirit and soul and body in Your holy, all-consuming Fire! Set me ablaze to display Your glory like burning bush (Exodus 3:2), like a brand snatched from the fire (Zechariah 3:2), like a sacrificial flame that will never go out (Leviticus 6:13), like fire sent down from heaven declaring You alone are God (1 Kings 18:38)! Touch my lips with a coal from the altar of heaven (Isaiah 6:8) and let Your river of fire flow out of my spirit (Daniel 7:9)! You are "like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap (to) sit as a Refiner and Purifier of silver; and (You) will purify (me) like gold and silver until (I) present offerings (of all that I have and all that I am) to the Lord in righteousness (Malachi 3:2-3). 

Holy are You. And You have called us to holiness in You (1 Peter 1:16). You will have a holy bride, holy sons and daughters -- "that (You) might sanctify and cleanse (us) with the washing of water by the word (as) a glorious church, no having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that (we) should be holy and without blemish" (Ephesians 5:26-27 NKJV)! Sanctified and holy in You, set ablaze and on fire, baptized in Your Holy Spirit, "(we) are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, (Your) own special people, that (we) may proclaim the praises of Him who called (us) out of darkness into (Your) marvelous light!" (1 Peter 2:9 NKJV)  

Lord Jesus, before You ascended to heaven and poured out Your Holy Spirit upon the church, You said "I came to bring fire to the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!" (Luke 12:49). Lord, send Your Fire! Let us be that Fire that sets our world ablaze for You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be sanctified and baptized in the holy Fire of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Ministry Trip to Uganda
Friends, please keep us in prayer as our team prepares to travel to the African nation of Uganda in May for teaching, preaching, and evangelism in the refugee camps, pastor and leaders conferences, and a variety of settings to spread the Fire of the Holy Spirit!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!