Monday, June 24, 2019

Morning by Moring, June 24 - "He Set Himself to Seek the Lord"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord -- setting apart my heart and my time to set my face and my spirit toward You alone in these first moments of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"After this the Moabites and Ammonites, and with them some of the Meunites, came against Jehoshaphat for battle....  Jehoshaphat was afraid; he set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. Judah assembled to seek help from the Lord; from all the towns of Judah they came to seek the Lord" (2 Chronicles 20:1-4).
 
My enemies are not armies of nations; they are not human flesh and blood. They are the spiritual forces of darkness who come to steal and kill and destroy the love and peace and joy of my inheritance and possession in You (Ephesians 6:12; John 10:10). And the weapons of my warfare are not carnal in nature; they are not weapons of bullets or swords or surface-to-air missiles. They are weapons of spiritual power that bring down spiritual strongholds and break through the gates of hell to see the Kingdom of God established and advancing here in my heart, my mind, my soul, and my strength -- here in every dimension of my inheritance and possession in You (2 Corinthians 10:3-5; Matthew 16:18).
 
Jehoshaphat's faced his armies and I must face mine. Jehoshaphat fought his battles and I must face mine. He turned fear into faith when he "set himself to seek the Lord." He turned to the One who could fight his battles and overcome insurmountable odds against all hope when he humbled himself to admit he had no answers apart from You, he had no power apart from You, he could have no victory apart from You. In fact, the heart of humility is to come to the place of attitude in our heart that says, "Apart from (You), (I) can do nothing" (John 15:5) -- that says "I willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone."
 
Then You give us divine strategies for the battle at hand (2 Chronicles 20:20-21). Then You remind us that You're the One who's fighting our battles as we "take (our) position, stand still, and see the victory of the Lord on (our) behalf." And in the power of Your grace, we will "not fear or be dismayed (for) the Lord will be with (us)" (2 Chronicles 20:17). 
 
Humility draws down the power of Heaven! As we "humble (ourselves) in the sight of the Lord, (You) will lift us up!" (James 4:10 NKJV). We can fight from our knees because You've already fought and won with Your nails (Colossians 2:14-15).
 
As we set ourselves to seek You, as we humble ourselves to be desperately dependent upon You, all Heaven breaks loose! Angel armies go forth! You go before us and ambush our enemies, as we worship You and praise You and thank You in faith even before we see the victory over our enemies in the battles we face made manifest before our eyes! (2 Chronicles 20:22)
 
Thank You, God, for these stories of faith that stir up my spirit. Thank You for these ancient Words that are ever true that give me courage and hope to press on and press through as I press in to You. Keep teaching me how to "set (myself) to seek (You)" first (2 Chronicles 20:3). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you see the victory of the Lord made manifest in the battles you face as you set yourself to seek Him first, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!