Thursday, June 13, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 13 - Behold Both "the Kindness and the Severity of God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
 
"Note then the kindness and the severity of God" (Romans 11:22).
 
You are kind, but You are also severe. You speak words of spirit and life, but You also speak truth and correction (Matthew 5:29). You turn the other cheek and are as silent as a lamb led to the slaughter, but You also confront hypocrisy and sin with boldness and authority (Matthew 23:13). You're the Lamb who was slain, but You're also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5).
 
You're fully alive and fully mature in every dimension of Your Being. Help me grow up in maturity of faith and character to learn from You and become more like You in every dimension of my being (Ephesians 4:13-15; 1 Thessalonians 5:23). 
 
By the power of Your grace at work within me, may I "be renewed in the spirit of (my) mind, and clothe (myself) with the new self, created according to the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness" (Ephesians 4:22-24). Teach me how to grow up in kindness and also severity, not prideful but also not passive. Full of love but also walking in truth. Make me more like You each day -- fully alive, fully developed, fully mature in You (Romans 8:29; Galatians 2:20). As You are, so am I to be in my world (1 John 4:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you continue to grow up in Christlike character in every dimension of your being -- fully alive, fully developed, fully mature in Christ -- all by the power of God's grace at work within you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   Jesus confronting the religious authorities of His day


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!