Thursday, June 27, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 27 - "Strong in Spirit"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King of my heart and Lord of my life, as I entrust all the moments of my day into Your care -- my Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit of the Living God.  ...
 
"'And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare His ways, to give knowledge of salvation to His people by the forgiveness of their sins. By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.' The child grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the wilderness until the day he appeared publicly to Israel" (Luke 1:76-80).
 
John the Baptist "grew and became strong in spirit." For him, there was not a magic moment, a breakthrough day, a powerful prayer meeting, or anointed impartation from the man of God in town that day or at the conference across the country he travelled to see. For him, he "grew." For him, he "became strong in spirit." It was a process.
 
No doubt, there were many powerful, spiritual encounters along the way --like the day he leaped for joy in his mother Elizabeth's womb when she was "filled with the Holy Spirit" (Luke 1:41). For John himself, "even before his birth he (was) filled with the Holy Spirit" (Luke 1:15). But those divine encounters and spiritual breakthroughs were all in the context of a long journey to grow up in maturity and become "strong in spirit" -- just like us, a life-long journey with breakthroughs along the way.
 
Thank You, Lord, for every divine encounter and every spiritual breakthrough along the way of my journey of faith in You. Thank You for every prayer meeting, every worship service, every healing, every deliverance, every anointing and impartation, and every place and moment I've encountered Your Presence. From even before I was conceived and through my birth and salvation and baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit and all the other encounters and blessings along the way, You have been at work in me, just as You are in every one of Your children. Like You said to Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you..." (Jeremiah 1:5). But I also thank You for the slow, steady journey where You've been growing me -- little by little, layer by layer, step by step, morning by morning -- to become "strong in spirit."
 
You kept John "in the wilderness until the day" when You finally said "It is time" (Luke 1:80). And looking back, I can even thank You now for every "wilderness" I've been through and even those that may yet come. It's all part of the journey. It's all part of being conformed into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). It's all part of preparing the Bride and bring many sons to glory (Revelation 19:7; Hebrews 2:10). It's all part of growing up into maturity (Ephesians 4:12), to become "strong in spirit."
 
Lord, make me "strong in spirit." Keep growing me up in maturity. In honest humility I acknowledge I have far to go. But at the same time, I have confident hope, I have expectant faith, I have bubbly excitement to look and see what You will do! I know You can change everything in a moment. I've seen You do it many times. And lately I believe I've been hearing in my heart, "The moment is now." ...
 
Yes, Lord. I don't know what all "now" means to You. "With the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day" (2 Peter 3:8). But I want to be ready. And I choose to be available. So make me prepared, as You keep growing me up to be "strong in spirit" and ready to serve -- secure in my identity to fulfill my destiny -- holding nothing back and leaving nothing on the table. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you keep growing in maturity, growing "strong in spirit" and ready to serve with all you have and all you are, secure in your identity to fulfill your destiny in Christ, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!