Friday, June 28, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 28 - The High Place of His Presence
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening. Lead, Lord, for I am following. I want to begin my day listening for Your leading, watching and waiting in Your Presence, deeply in the communion of worship and prayer. ...
 
"After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.' At once I was in the spirit..." (Revelation 4:1-2).
 
In the mercy and love of Your grace, I feel like every morning when sit down here in my prayer chair to have my personal time of communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- You open up the door of heaven and call me up in the spirit into the high place of Your Presence. Here, You speak to my heart. You renew my mind. You refresh my soul. You awaken my spirit. And You set before me the open of door that invites to me come enter in to Your embrace before we step out on the journey through the moments of my day. Just like in the words of my grandmother's favorite song, You walk with me and talk with me and tell me I am Your own, when I come to You alone in this garden place of worship and prayer.
 
Here in this high place of Your Presence, all the other "high places" and "everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God" must come down (2 Kings 18:4; 2 Corinthians 10:5 NKJV). Here in this high place of Your Presence, "I will lift up my eyes to the hills -- from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:1-2 NKJV). Here in this high place of Your Presence, I "lift up my eyes on high and see (the One who) is great in strength, mighty in power ... the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of earth ... (who) gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless ... (that I) renew (my) strength (and) mount up with wings like eagles (to) run and not be weary, (to) walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:26-31).
 
It's here in the high place of Your Presence that You, my heavenly Father, as You fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit, where I know and embrace the truth that You have made me "alive together with Christ -- by grace (I) have been saved -- and raised (me) up with Him and seated (me) with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-7). Because I am in Christ and Christ is in me (Colossians 1:27), I'm also "seated (with) Him at (Your) right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come. And (You) put all things under His feet and (have) made Him the head over all things for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all!" (Ephesians 1:20-23).
 
It's only here in the high place of Your Presence, that I can even begin to comprehend all You have done for me and all that You're doing in me, that I may begin to "know what is the hope to which (You have) called (me), what are the riches of (Your) glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of (Your) power for us who believe, according to the working of (Your) great power" (Ephesians 1:17-19).
 
Lord, take me higher still! The higher You take me the better I can see, the farther I can see, the more clearly I can see with the eyes of heaven from Your eternal perspective. Here in the high place of Your Presence, You open the eyes of my heart with "a spirit of wisdom and revelation" so I can see You and all You desire me to see in myself and my world through the eyes of Your truth and the security of who I am in You and who You are in me (Ephesians 1:18).
 
What a door that stands open to me every day! What a gift You're so ready to give to all who will answer Your call to come up here with You, to let You take us by the heart and lift us up in the spirit into the high place of Your Presence! Here I am, Lord -- coming up here with You today, ready to stay up here with You every day -- for (You) are with (me) always" so I can always be with You! (Matthew 28:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you keep coming up into the high place of the Presence of God, learning to live there in His heavenly realm, always in Christ and Christ always in you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Friends, we will be away for some family time away the next two weeks, so I am may not be sending out my daily prayers from vacation. We'll be going up to "the high place" of the mountains in Ruidoso, New Mexico where Mom lives! But I join with you in prayer to experience the Presence of God every day. Thank you for joining with me in this journey, morning by morning. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!