Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 5 - "Draw Near to God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today. ...
 
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).
 
How do I draw near to You, God?  ...
 
As I wait and listen, I believe I hear You speaking in my heart, "I am the Vine. You are the branches. Abide in Me and I will abide in you. Abiding is a choice of seeking Me, of allowing yourself to hunger and thirst for Me, of making yourself available to Me -- with your time, with your surrender, with your attention, with all your heart and soul and mind and strength."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. As I ponder what's coming to my heart, Your Scripture comes to mind:  "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me" (Jeremiah 29:23-14).
 
You are my Father and I am Your son (Romans 8:16). You are my Master and I am Your disciple (John 13:35). You are the Vine and I am Your branches (John 15:5). You are my Best Friend and I want to be Yours (John 15:15).
 
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- I want to keep drawing nearer to You every day and every way. I pray for the grace to grow more deeply intimate with You -- morning by morning and moment by moment -- until we are as united as one as we can be. "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you draw near to God -- more and more every day -- until you become as united as one with Him as you can be, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!