Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 31 - Words from the Heart
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to see what You're doing and hear what You're saying. You said Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:3). I'm listening, Lord. ...
 
"What comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart" (Matthew 15:18).
 
My words reveal my heart. My words reveal my mood, my beliefs, my priorities. My words reveal my hopes and dreams, my fears and regrets. And my words reveal the measure of my faith in You and Your Word and Your will for my life. You judge us by our words because our words judge our hearts. As You said long ago, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.... I tell you, on the day of judgement you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" (Matthew 12:34).
 
Lord, let my heart be right so my words will be right. Keep creating in me a clean heart and renewing a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10).
 
Fill my heart with Your peace, love, and joy today so You can fill my mouth with Your words of spirit, life, and truth today. Your spiritual principles declare, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21). So let the words that come off my tongue speak of the life in Christ that's in my heart.
 
You remind us to use our words wisely because they are an expression of Your nature being formed in our nature:  "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God ... so that God may be glorified in all things" (1 Peter 4:10-11). So let the nature of my words reflect the nature of my God.
 
I need more of Your nature in me (2 Peter 1:4). I need more of Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, so that my ways become more like Your ways as I surrender more of my will to more of Your will. Then the words that proceed from my mouth will flow out of a heart more wholly surrendered to You.
 
You said Your words are "spirit and life" (John 6:63). As You make me more like You each day, let my words be the same -- for as You are, so am I to be in my world (1 John 4:17; Romans 8:29). By the power of Your grace at work within me, "Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer" (Psalm 19:14 NKJV). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you speak words of spirit and life and truth because the One who is Spirit and Life and Truth lives in you, forming the nature of your heart into the nature of His heart more and more every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  


My Latest Book!
I'm excited we've recently published an updated version to my book Free to Be Like Jesus! -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese, and Randy Clark.

  

   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!