Monday, August 19, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 19 - Glorious Adventure of Pursuing God's Hidden Treasures
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch and wait for Your leading, as I begin my day embraced my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out" (Proverbs 25:2).
 
You've created us for adventure. Even the things You've concealed, You've concealed them so You can reveal them, as we seek for them with You. You could have told us plainly all the truth we need to know; You could have given us fully all we need to have -- all in an instant, all in a moment. But You didn't create us that way and You've not arranged our lives that way. You created us to seek in order to find, to pursue in order to apprehend. You set in motion our mission to pursue the mysteries of God, saying, "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me" (Jeremiah 29:13-14).
 
We were never meant to be passive or grow complacent. We were never meant to mindlessly sit back and meld into our world to become one with the universe and lose all the sense of individuality and uniqueness in which You created our identity and planned for our destiny. We were never meant to float around on the clouds, playing our harps, and bored out of our minds. No, we were created for adventure! We were created to "run with the perseverance the race that is set before us.... struggle against sin.... endure trials.... (and) pursue peace with everyone and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:1-14).
 
It's like a treasure hunt. You are the Treasure, along with all the good treasure You have stored up for us to search out on our great adventure of faith. "My child, if you accept my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; if you indeed cry out for insight, and raise your voice for understanding; if you seek it like silver, and search for it as for hidden treasures -- then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1-5).
 
In Your glory You've hidden these treasures for us. And now You've given us this glorious adventure to search them out. You stir up our passion for the mission and our hope for the journey, as You inspire us to come and see and to come and seek, saying, "Call to Me and I will answer you tell you great and hidden things that you have not known" (Jeremiah 33:3). So I begin my day excited to see what great treasures You've hidden for me to find today! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you get excited about your glorious adventure of pursing God's hidden treasures, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
        

Ministry in Honduras
Praying for my wife, Rocio, and the team from our ministry this week (Laura and Milagros) in Honduras -- ministering the healing love of God to young girls recently rescued from the trauma and terror of sex trafficking by the Casa de Ester ministry. They are having prayer ministry times for the girls and helping equip the staff and leaders for healing and deliverance prayer ministry. So proud of them! Please join with me in prayer for them all.

 


 

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!

 



   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!