Friday, August 02, 2019

Morning by Morning, August 2 - Becoming a "Man of God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here in these first moments of my morning, I enter Your gates with thanksgiving and Your courts with praise -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"As for you, man of God, shun all this (the "many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction"); pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witness" (1 Timothy 6:11-12).
 
With all my heart, I want to be a man of God. But even as I pray this out to You, I have to admit there are still some places in my heart that can easily be drawn into the "many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction" (1 Timothy 6:9). The truth is -- if I'm really honest with myself and with You -- there's still much of my flesh that still needs to die, much of my selfishness and plain old self-centered pride that needs to embrace deeper humility, fuller surrender, and greater dependence upon You alone as the Source of all the need and the Standard of all I'm called to be.
 
So I do make the good confession that I deeply desire to be a man of God. And at the same time, I make the honest confession that I still have a long way to go. I do take hold of eternal life in You and I do need You to take hold of every part of my heart that stills desires a worldly life in me.
 
I'm so thankful that You know me and You know all about me, yet You love me and You are for me. I take comfort and encouragement in the unending promise and unfailing grace of Your Word:  "For He know how we were made; He remembers that we are dust.... But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him" (Psalm 103:14-17).
 
I do fear You, Lord. Despite all my sins and struggles, I seek to honor You, to reverence You, to trust You, and obey You -- as best as I can and all by Your grace while You are still at work in me. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him ... (helping me moment by moment and day by day to) hold firmly to the word of life" (Philippians 2:13-16 NLT).
 
Like David, I want to be "a man after (God's) own heart" (1 Samuel 13:14; Acts 13:22). By the power of Your mercy and love, I want to be the man of God You created me and called me to be. "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within (me), will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns" -- You'll be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you become the man or woman of God you were created to be, all by the power of God's grace at work within you, trusting He who began a good work in you will faithful to complete it, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   
Friends, many have suggested that I put these prayers that I write and send out from my morning devotional time each day into a book. Great idea! If you'd like to order one where we've collected one year's worth of my prayer devotionals into two different editions, you can order either the first edition (from the earlier years) or the second edition (from more recent years) of Morning by Morning through Amazon. Thank you for your encouragement and God bless you in your daily journey of prayer!

 




 



My Latest Book!
Friends, I'm excited we've recently published an updated version to my book Free to Be Like Jesus! -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reese, and Randy Clark.

  

   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!