Tuesday, August 06, 2019








































Morning by Morning, August 6 - The Power of Our Thoughts and Prayers in the Face of Tragedy
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to You, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
As I wait upon the leading of Your Spirit this morning, what comes to mind are the recent events going on in my world. There's terror and murder, wickedness and evil, taking place here in my home state of Texas and across the country in Ohio. It's not only here at home but also in varying measures across our land and around our world in these darkening times. Your Word prophecies that evil, lawlessness, and darkness will increase (Isaiah 60:2; Matthew 24:12). And so it is.
In the throughs and turmoil of another national tragedy, there's much anger and angst, fury and fear, chaos and clamoring for change and for control of what seems like a world spinning hopelessly out of control. But when everything is being shaken, Your Word and Your Spirit remind us to look to the One who is never shaken (Hebrews 12:27). 
Your Word and Your Spirit remind us to look to the Rock who is our Strength -- "The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer, my God, my Rock in whom I take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.... In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears" (Psalm 18:1-6). And when we pray, when we cry out to You in desperation and in faith, You hear us, You answer us, and move mightily on behalf of us -- "The Lord also thundered in the heavens and the Most High uttered His voice. He sent out His arrows, and scattered them; He flashed forth lightnings and routed them ... and the foundations of the world were laid bare at Your rebuke, O Lord! (Psalm 18:12-15)
Not only to You move mightily on our behalf, You stir us to action to do our part in Your power -- "For who is God except the Lord? And who is a rock besides our God? -- the God who girded me with strength, and made my way safe. He made my feet like the feet of a deer, and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.... For You girded me with strength for the battle.... The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation! .... You delivered me from the violent! For this I will extol You, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to Your name!" (Psalm 18:31-49)
Yes, terror and murder, wickedness and evil, are increasing in these darkening times. But at the same time, our God reigns! And our God arises! And not only do You reign and arise for us, You also reign and arise through us, as we call on Your name and answer Your call to display Your light and Your glory here in the midst of the darkness of our world -- "Arise! Shine! For your Light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and His glory will appear over you. Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn!" (Isiah 60:1-3)
So Father, I'm a little put out with the people who say they're offended by my thoughts and prayers. I'm a little irritated by their insinuations and innuendos that my faith is without action, that my thoughts have no meaning, and that my prayers have no power. The truth is I am the light of the world because the Light of the world lives in me! (Matthew 5:14) The truth is my prayers move mountains because my faith moves Your heart! (Mark 11:22-25) The truth is when we humble ourselves in prayer and take our stand in faith, as the people of God who are called by Your name, You move in our hearts, You speak through our thoughts, You arise in our spirits, and You heal our land! (2 Chronicles 7:14) 
Our thoughts and our prayers, expressed in humility and faith, choosing to trust You and praise You through every tragedy we face are the most powerful "weapons of our warfare" we have! (2 Corinthians 10:3-6) So "Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate Him flee before Him! ... So let the wicked perish at the Presence of God but let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God! ... To Him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which are of old. Indeed He send out His voice, a mighty voice! Ascribe strength to God; His excellence is over Israel, and His strength is in the clouds. O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people. Blessed be God! (Psalm 68:1-35) 
As You arise, we arise because You arise within us (Colossians 1:27). You will give us the courage and the wisdom we need to display Your glory through our lives and in our land. We are not defeated but more than conquerors (Romans 8:37). We will not be overcome for we are overcomers in You (Revelation 12:11). As You encourage us long ago, You continue to encourage us today -- "In the world you will have much tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). 
So by the power of Your grace, I will not be intimidated or afraid. And I will not be backing off of my thoughts and prayers for suffering people of my land or for hope of my world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be unintimidated and unafraid in your thoughts and your prayers, trusting in the One who has overcome and is overcoming through you the murder and terror, the wickedness and evil, in these darkening times of our world, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      

Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer -- Morning by Morning! God bless you!


   
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!