Friday, September 20, 2019

Morning by Morning, September 20 - More Like Jesus Each Day
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, Your words in mouth. Align my will and my ways with Yours. Make me more like You today. ...
 
"For God knew His people in advance, and He chose them to become like His Son, so that His Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters" (Romans 8:29 NLT).
 
Father God, from all eternity, You've known me because all eternity is eternally present to You. You see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end, from everlasting to everlasting (Isaiah 46.8). "Just as (You) chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before (You) in love" (Ephesians 1:4).
 
So You've always known every choice I'll ever make, everything I'll ever do, and everything I'll ever become. You've always known how everything in my life will end up. And even though You've eternally known every choice I'll make, my choices are real and my choices are mine to make. You continually set before me the choice of blessings or curses, life or death, obedience or disobedience, trusting in You or trusting in myself, being conformed to the ways of heaven or being conformed to the ways of this world (Deuteronomy 30:15; Joshua 24:14; Romans 12:1-2). 
 
You say those who truly love You will choose to obey You (John 14:15). You say those who seek to please You will choose the ways of Your Spirit and not the ways of our flesh (Galatians 5:16). And then You empower me by Your Spirit to desire the right choices and to make the right choices that honor You and confirm my love for You. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
All along the way, You're at work in every opportunity in every moment of my day to help me become more like You -- "to become like (Your) Son" (Romans 8:29 NLT), "to be conformed to the image of (Your) Son" (Romans 8:29 NKJV) -- to make me more like Jesus every day. "Because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17). We are called and empowered to "live like Jesus here in this world" (1 John 4:17 NLT).
 
As we both know, Lord, I have a long way to go -- a long, long way to go. But I trust You and Your Word that "the One who is faithful will do this" (1 Thessalonians 5:24). "And I am certain that God, who began this good work within (me), will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns!" (Philippians 1:6 NLT) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be moved with the desire and the power to be more like Jesus by God's Spirit at work within you, trusting in Him to be faithful to complete His good work in you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
   
My friend, Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to grow in intimacy with God and the character of Christ. Thank you to all those who join with me in support and prayer of this ministry of helping people experience and encounter the Living God through intimate prayer and transformational ministry of healing and freedom in Christ -- "healing from the inside out" of "spirit and soul and body." God bless you!

 


For Speaking Engagement, Spiritual Retreats, Seminars, and Conferences, please contact me at tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org
God bless!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!