Thursday, October 17, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 17 - "My Strength and My Song!"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, come rule and reign in my heart and my day. ...
 
"See, God has come to save me! I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory!" (Isaiah 12:2 NLT)
 
You are my Strength and my Song! When I'm weary or discouraged, Your Holy Spirt rises up within my spirit to empower me and remind me that I already have the victory in You. When I wake up in the middle of the night with anxious thoughts or get out of bed with dread for what the day may hold, Your Holy Spirit lifts up my spirit with songs of deliverance and songs of praise. 
 
When my mind asks, "What are you so happy? What do you have to be singing about?" or my enemy whispers, "You're a fool to think you can just live by faith and trust in a God you can't see, with you're your wishful thinking and hopeful thoughts, believing that somehow, once again, your God is going to show up and get you through this," You just lift up my spirits a little higher and I just turn up the praise song in my heart a little louder.
 
You do always show up. Do You do always get me through this. Again and again. You even use whatever I'm going through to make me stronger, to become more humble, to trust more deeply. Through the struggles, You make stronger. Through the battles, You make me wiser. Through the victories You bring through the challenges I overcome in the power of Your grace, You make me even more faithful to trust You even more.
 
In that way, whatever gets me closer to You is good -- no matter if it was my own mistakes or the devil himself that got me in that position. You have Your way of turning it all around, even using it all for good, to make me more like You, a little more each day, through every battle I face. And that makes my heart sing! That makes me celebrate the victory that's already mine, even before I see it manifested before my eyes! O Lord, my God, You are my Strength and my Song! And I choose to sing Your praises for my salvation through whatever I face today! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you sing songs of deliverance and praise to the One who is your Strength and your Song throughout your day and through every challenge you face, knowing He will get you through this and you already have the victory in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!