Thursday, October 24, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 24 - "The Lord Bless You and Keep You"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to lead me in Your ways today -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace" (Numbers 6:24-26).
 
I need Your blessing, Lord. 
 
Some might call me "needy." Some might say I just want to be a member of "the bless me club." But I believe You created me to need Your blessing, to long for Your blessing. It's not selfish and self-centered; it's the will of God. Just as You told Moses to instruct Aaron and his sons as the priests of God to speak this blessing over Your people, You said, "I will bless them" (Numbers 6:27).
 
So I do pray that You would bless me and keep me. I pray You would make Your face to shine upon me and gracious to me. I pray You would lift up Your countenance upon me and give me peace. I receive Your blessing, in the name of Jesus. "Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, and have made the Lord their hope and confidence" (Jeremiah 17:7 NLT).
 
Through Christ, all the blessings of God for the people of God are upon us. "Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed (us) with the same blessing (You) promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:14). Just as You blessed Abraham, You bless us; and just as You sent forth Abraham to be blessing, so You send us forth as Your people into our world, saying, "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing" (Genesis 12:2). In Your abundant grace, You bless us so that Your abundant grace may flow out of us to touch and change the world around us. "And God is able to provide (us) with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, (we) may share abundantly in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8).
 
Now, in the blessing of the Lord, I pray You would send me out into my day to be a blessing -- blessed to be a blessing, full of hope to inspire hope, full of life to bring life to all You would touch through my life. You've filled me with grace to pour out Your grace through me. Freely I've received, now may I freely give (Matthew 10:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!