Thursday, October 31, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 31 - "Hallowed"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, for Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:27) and Your children follow the leading of Your Spirit (Romans 8:14). ...
 
"Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:9-10 KJV).
 
As I begin this day many call Halloween, Your Spirit is speaking to me of the Hallowed One.
 
You are the Holy One (1 Peter 1:16). You are the One who is Love, and Your perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18).  You are the One who's life delivers us from death and into Your life (John 10:10). You are the One who opens tombs and takes away our grave clothes (John 11:43), who empties graveyards with resurrection power (Matthew 27:52). And the only walking dead in You are those who have died to sin and self to live in Christ (Romans 6:8).
 
Tonight many will fool around in the darkness and seek to have fun with the spirits, wearing masks and taking on identities of something very different from who they were created to be, but You are the One who brings us out of darkness and into the Kingdom of Your marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). You are the One who calls us by name and reminds us of who we are in You, created to live out the fullness of our destiny, secure in our identity in You (Ephesians 1:11). You are the One who casts out every unholy spirit (Luke 11:20) and fill us with Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). The only ghost we're to entertain is the Holy Ghost who comes to fills us and comfort us and guide us into all truth in You (John 14:16).
 
On this "Halloween," I choose to hallow You. "Hallowed be Thy name." And hallowed be my heart, set apart to You and filled with Your Spirit. "Be ye hallowed, and be ye holy, for I am holy, the Lord your God" (Leviticus 20:7-9 WYC).  "Neither shall ye profane My holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel:  I Am the Lord which hallows you" (Leviticus 22:32 KJV).
 
I don't want to be overly religious about it, but I do want You to keep my heart right in the midst of it. We're to be salt and light in the midst of our world, not hidden away from our world (Matthew 5:13-16). And at the same time, we are no longer to be conformed to the ways of this world, but transformed by the renewing of our minds by the power of Your Spirit (Romans 12:2). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be hallowed and set apart to God in your heart, to hallows the name of the Holy One on this day and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to begin each day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. I hope these prayers are a blessing and encouragement to you!

 

  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!