Friday, October 04, 2019

Morning by Morning, October 4 - Knowing Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Thank You for coming into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.... I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead" (Philippians 3:8-10 NLT).
 
As the worship song proclaims -- "Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You. There is no greater thing...." 
 
I want to know You more. I want to know Your heart, know Your mind, know Your nature, know Your ways. And not just know about You, even from the words and stories from the Bible -- I want to know You personally, experience You personally. I want to know You as deeply and as personally as I can. As Your Word encourages me, I want to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever" (2 Peter 3:18).
 
How do I grow in this grace of knowing You, Lord Jesus? ...
 
As I wait and listen for the leading of Your voice (John 10:3), it seems I hear You saying in my heart:  "You come to know Me more deeply and intimately as you take time to be with Me, as actively pursue Me with your spirit, as You consciously and deliberately invite My Holy Spirit to infuse your human spirit with a love and passion for Me above all else. There is no greater thing." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Scripture comes to mind, "There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own but will tell you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring Me glory by telling you whatever He receives from Me. All that belongs to the Father is Mine; this is why I said, 'The Spirit will tell you whatever He receives from Me" (John 16:12-15 NLT).
 
Come, Holy Spirit of God. You are "the Spirit of Jesus" (Philippians 1:19). You are "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9). And You live in me because Christ is in my heart. "(I am) not in the flesh; (I am) in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (me). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in (me), though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in (me), He who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to (my) mortal body also through His Spirit that dwells in (me)" (Romans 8:9-11).
 
Spirit of the Living God, turn my eyes upon Jesus. Glorify Him in my heart. Lead me into deeper intimacy with Jesus. My heavenly Father, just as You raised Jesus from the dead by Your Spirit, You raise me up by Your Spirit to live in the abiding communion of Christ -- "to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead!" (Philippians 3:10 NLT)
 
Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You. There is no greater thing!
 
As a finish my time of prayer and go out into my day with You in my heart, I believe I hear Your Holy Spirit singing that song in my spirit right now:
 
All I once held dear, built my life upon
All this world reveres and wants to own
All I once thought gain, I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now, compared to this

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing
You're my all, You're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love You, Lord

Now my heart's desire is to know You more
To be found in You and known as Yours
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All-surpassing gift of righteousness

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing
You're my all, You're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love You, Lord!
 
(worship song by Graham Kendrick)
 
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you grow in grace and the deeply personal and intimate knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in Jesus' name. There is no great thing! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  



My friend, Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to grow in intimacy with God and the character of Christ. Thank you to all those who join with me in support and prayer of this ministry of helping people experience and encounter the Living God through intimate prayer and transformational ministry of healing and freedom in Christ -- "healing from the inside out" of "spirit and soul and body." God bless you!

 


For Speaking Engagements, Spiritual Retreats, Seminars, and Conferences, please contact me at:  tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org  
God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!