Thursday, November 14, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 14 - The Lord is Always By My Side!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and in every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for His heavenly Kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever" (2 Timothy 4:17-18).
 
So many times You have stood by me. Even at times when it felt like most everyone else had abandoned me, You stood by me (v. 16). But the truth is You've always surrounded me with those who pray for me and encourage me and fight through the battles of this life with me. You've never left me nor forsaken me, and You've always been with me -- just as You promised (Matthew 28:20).
 
I have a spiritual enemy who is "like a roaring lion" -- my "adversary the devil (who) prowls around, looking for someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8). He attacks with his lies, with his manipulation, with his attempts to intimidate me, confuse me, and control me. But I praise You and thank You that "the One who is in (me) is greater than the one who is in the world!" (1 John 4:4) And if God be for me, who can stand against me! (Romans 8:31). No weapon formed against me will prosper, for this is my heritage and vindication in You! (Isaiah 54:17)
 
You've saved me for Your heavenly Kingdom. And You've called me to proclaim Your heavenly message -- to prepare the way of the Lord, to prepare the bride of Christ, to share the hope that is within me. You called me to listen for Your word in humility and proclaim Your word with boldness, as I seek to live Your word in faith and obedience. You love me enough to correct me when I'm wrong, to redirect me when I'm off the path, but always to encourage me as Your son and remind me that the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable and without repentance (Hebrews 12:6; Romans 11:29).
 
I know my adversary will not just run away after every battle with his tail between his legs forever, but will always be looking for his next "opportune time" (Luke 4:13). But I also know You already know every plan and scheme, every attack that will come, and every way You'll use even that to make me more humble, more faithful, more vigilant, more courageous, more prepared, more mature, even more like You (Genesis 50:20; Romans 8:28; Hebrews 5:8; 1 John 4:17). And I know You'll be right here beside me through whatever comes.
 
Just as You stood with the three in the fiery furnace, You stand with me. Just as You stood with Daniel in the Lion's den, You stand with me. You send Your Word; You send Your angels; You send manifestations of Your Presence in ways that I don't always know at the time, but I've come to know You're always there.
 
You're on my side and You're by my side! You are faithful! And You "will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for Your heavenly Kingdom! To You be the glory forever and ever!" In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you know the Lord is always by your side and will rescue you from every evil attack and and save you for His heavenly Kingdom, secure in your identity to fulfill your calling and destiny in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!