Friday, November 22, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 22 - Both Thankful and Expectant
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day. ...
 
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful" (Colossians 3:15).
 
While I'm hungry for more of You, I'm also thankful for every way You've already filled me up. While I'm thirsty for revival of my soul and a great awakening of my spirit to arise and shine and live into all You have for me, I'm also thankful for all You've already done in me and every way You've already saved me and sealed me, raised me up and healed me, and set me free from so much of what was holding me back from being all You created me to be.
 
There's a divine tension between peaceful contentment and holy hunger. There's a precious paradox between being grateful for all You've done and expectant for all You'll do. And You give us the grace to live in that tension and to sort out that paradox. It brings to mind the tension and the promise of Your Word that on our adventure of faith and journey to spiritual maturity, we "have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come" (Hebrews 6:5). We can be thankful for all the goodness of Your word and all we have already experienced, while at the same time, we can be excited and expectant, even thanking You now, for all that is yet to come.
 
"As it is written:  'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him'" (1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV). You're the God who promises us "I will fill this temple with glory.... And the glory of this latter temple will be greater than the former.... And in this place I will give peace" (Haggai 2:7-8). And You're the God who saves His best wine for last! (John 2:10) In You, the best is yet to come! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be both thankful for all God has done and expectant of all His going to do in and through you life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!