Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 17 - Prophetic Message of the Messiah and the Virgin Mary
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all I am and all I do this day. ...
 
"The angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you will name Him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.' Mary said to the angel, 'How can this be, since I am a virgin?' The angel said to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; He will be called Son of God. And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her was said to be barren. For nothing will be impossible with God.' Then Mary said, 'Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.' Then the angel departed from her" (Luke 1:30-38).
 
Most people don't know many Bible stories. But if they know any at all, they probably know this one -- the virgin would conceive and bear a Son and call Him Jesus. What happened in Mary's life was foretold in the Scriptures by the prophet Isaiah nearly eight hundred years before -- "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14 NKJV). 
 
Mary's Son would be the Messiah -- the Anointed One of God, the Son of God who would set aside the glory of heaven to humble Himself in the likeness of human flesh and blood to reveal the heart of God the Father to us as God the Son among us (Philippians 2:5-11). As Isaiah prophesied, "For a Child has been born for us, a Son given to us; authority rests upon His shoulders; and He is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).
 
Lord, let the stories of Your Word come alive in me today. Let Your prophetic Scriptures remind me of Your sovereignty. Just as God the Holy Spirit conceived and birthed what was Holy in Mary, would You conceive and birth what is Holy in me. Fill me with Your Spirit and lead me in Your will, as You unfold Your sovereign plans for my life each day. Give me the grace to see and respond, with humility and faith, filled with Your Spirit, just as Mary did -- "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word" (Luke 1:38). In Jesus' name pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be filled with the Holy Spirit, as He conceives and births what is Holy in you to live out the sovereign plans of God for your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

           

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer. I write these from my morning prayer time most every day and send them out right away the same morning -- real prayers, expressed and shared in real time from my spiritual life. If you would like to have a collection of these as a 365 Day Prayer Devotional for you or a friend, please order a copy today. God bless you!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!