Thursday, December 26, 2019

Morning by Morning, December 26 - After Christmas Morning
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm listening for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with You. ...
 
"The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them" (Luke 2:20 NKJV).
 
After Christmas morning, "the shepherds returned" to where they had been and went back to what they had been doing. But they were different. And their lives were forever changed. They returned "glorifying and praising God" after their encounter with You!
 
Now that Christmas is passed, now that the presents are opened and the pies are eaten and the parties are over, we begin to return to where we were and what we were doing. But we are different now. We've drawn closer to You through these days of Advent, full of anticipation and expectant faith, excited to see the King and encounter our Savior.
 
A moment in Your Presence changes us forever. And those moments are meant to be so much more than one morning on the calendar. Morning by morning, moment by moment, You wake us up and draw us near for each new day and each fresh encounter with the Living God. And as we behold You, again and again, we are forever changed every time. "We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).
 
Now, as You send me out into my day, filled afresh with Your Spirit and forever changed from a fresh encounter alone with You in Your Presence, I go out "glorifying and praising God for all the things (I've) heard and seen!" I've been changed and send me out to be Your ambassador of change everywhere I go and in everything I do (2 Corinthians 5:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you go out into your day glorifying and praising God, forever changed by your fresh encounter with the Living God in the communion of prayer with Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. Merry Christmas and God bless you, my friend!

    

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer.
Please keep our ministry in mind for your Year End Giving, to help provide hope and healing through Messiah Ministries, fulfilling our calling of preparing the way of the Lord in the hearts of God's people and in our world. All contributions are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated. God bless you!



I write these prayer devotionals from my morning prayer time most every day and send them out right away the same morning -- real prayers, expressed and shared in real time from my spiritual life. If you would like to have a collection of these as a 365 Day Prayer Devotional for you or a friend, please order a copy today. God bless you!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!