Friday, January 10, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 10 - Exalted in Humility to Lead the Way
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my face and open up my spirit to welcome You in to this moment of communion in prayer and every moment of my day. ...
 
"The Lord said to Joshua, 'This day I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, so that they may know that I will be with you as I was with Moses. You are the one who shall command the priests who bear the ark of the covenant, 'When you come to the edge of the waters of the Jordan, you shall stand still in the Jordon'" (Joshua 3:7-8).
 
You are the One who exalts us -- as You will and for Your will. It's not polls or people, it's not popularity or power. It's only You. And You only exalt us for the purpose of exalting You -- to point people to You, to help them find their power and protection and provision and purpose in You alone. You said, "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself" (John 12:32). You said, "All those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted" (Luke 14:11).
 
Be high and lifted up in my life, Lord Jesus. Be exalted -- here in my heart, here in my family, here in my calling and ministry, here in every way You would express Yourself through my life by Your Spirit for Your glory. Let Your name be lifted up -- not mine. Let Your Kingdom come -- not mine. And any way You would position me and those You've called me to come alongside for this season of crossing over into the fullness of the promises of God, I yield to Your will in trusting surrender and expectant faith.
 
Your Word says, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you" (James 4:10 NRSV); "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:10 NKJV). Your Word says, "Humble yourselves, then, under God's mighty hand, so that He will exalt you in His own good time. Leave all your worries with Him, because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:6-7). It's all in Your own good time; it's all in Your power and all by Your grace and all for Your purposes.
 
By the power of Your grace, give me a more humble heart. "With humility comes wisdom" (Proverbs 11:2). With humility comes grace (James 4:6). And with humility comes honor (Proverbs 18:12).
 
You are honored and You are exalted when we humble ourselves before You, when we willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone to define our identity and empower us to fulfill our destiny in You. Humility prepares the way of the Lord in our hearts for You to fill us with Your Spirit and lead us into our destiny -- and at the same time, even leading others to cross over into their destiny in the fullness of the promise land of God and their inheritance in You.
 
Lead on, Lord Jesus -- my Joshua, my Yeshua, the Salvation of God -- as You are exalted high and lifted up in my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be exalted by the Lord in His time and for His purposes, as you humble yourself in His sight to let Him lead the way in you and through you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
  


Friends, I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!