Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 22 - "Prepared for War" for the Promised Land
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of Kings and Lord of Lords, rule and reign in my heart and over my life, this day and every day (Revelation 19:16). I bow my heart before You and listen for the leading of Your Spirit. ...
 
"Then it came to pass, when all the people had completely crossed over, that the ark of the Lord and all the priests crossed over in the presence of the people.... About forty thousand prepared for war crossed over before the Lord for battle, to the plains of Jericho" (Joshua 4:11-13).
 
When the people of God crossed over the Jordan River into their Promised Land, it was not time for vacation. It was time for "war." It was time for every "battle" at hand and every "battle" they'd face to embrace their inheritance of their Promised Land.
 
There will be a "war" for our "Promised Land" as well. Our enemies are not Hittites or Canaanites or any other enemy of flesh and blood. "For our struggle is not against enemies of flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12). And those enemies -- those spiritual forces of evil cloaked in this present darkness -- will do everything they can to shut us down, to push us back, to chase us away from the promises of God You've set before us.
 
So we put on "the whole armor of God" -- the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shoes of peace, the sword of the Spirit, the shield of faith (Ephesians 6:11-17). We "pray in the Spirit at all times" (Ephesians 6:18). We remember that "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4). And we remember that "the battle belongs to the Lord, and He will help us defeat (our spiritual enemies)" (1 Samuel 17:47). Through the victory of the Cross, the power of the Blood of Jesus and the authority of His name, Your Word will be fulfilled in every battle we face:  "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under your feet! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!" (Romans 16:20)
 
Whether it's fear, intimidation, or worry; whether it's weariness, heaviness, or depression; whether it's confusion, deception, or lies; whether it's doubt, unbelief, or wavering; whether it's pride, rebellion, or arrogance; whether it's cowardice, compromise, or complacency; whether it's sickness, disease, or infirmity; whether it's addiction, bondage or torment; whether it's shame, regret, or condemnation; whether it's rejection, abandonment, or neglect; whether it's the words spoken over us or that we've spoken over ourselves that curse us instead of bless us, that tear us down instead of build us up, that rob us of our true identity and hold us back from fulfilling our God-given destiny; whether it's from the pit of Hell or knotted up in the pit of our stomach, You are greater than anything we'll face. "Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world!" (1 John 4:4)
 
So resting in You, trusting in You, joining in agreement with You and Your Word, I will cross over and I will press on, "prepared for war" to take hold of my Promised Land in You -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. As Your worshipper and warrior David proclaimed over his enemies, so I proclaim in the authority and power of Your name over my spiritual enemies:  "It is You who light my lamp; the Lord, my God, lights up my darkness. By You I can crush a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.... He trains my hands for war.... I pursued my enemies and overtook them; and did not turn back until they were consumed. I struck them down, so that they were not able to rise; they fell under my feet. For You girded me with strength for the battle; You made my assailants sink under me. You made my enemies turn their backs to me, and those who hated me I destroyed.... I beat them fine, like dust before the wind; I cast them out like the mire in the streets.... The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation ... Who delivered me from my enemies! ... For this I will extol You, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to Your name! Great triumphs He gives to His king, and shows steadfast love to His anointed, to David and his descendants forever!" (Psalm 18:28-50) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be "prepared for war" and anointed for victory in every battle you face for your Promised Land, knowing the victory is already yours the victory of the Cross, the power of the Blood of Jesus, and the authority of His name, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 
 

I will be teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm so honored to be endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!