Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Morning by Morning, January 8 - "When ... Then"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice, Shepherd of my soul (John 10:27). ...
 
"Then Joshua rose early in the morning; and they set from Acacia Grove to the Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they crossed over. So it was, after three days, that the officers went through the camp; and they commanded the people, saying, "When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it" (Joshua 3:1-3 NKJV).
 
When ... then. "When" they saw the ark move, "then" they were to move. They were to "go after it." Just like the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night, the ark of the covenant was a manifestation of Your Presence as You led Your people to cross over into all Your promises of their inheritance and Your purposes in them. And so it is with us.
 
Come, Holy Spirit of God. Open my spiritual eyes to see You. Open my spiritual ears to hear You. Give me the patience and the grace to wait upon You until I see You move. Give me the hunger and thirst to "go after it" -- to go after You, to pursue Your Presence and to follow You in the way You set before me. "When" I see You move, "then" I will move. I trust You'll give me the courage and conviction I need to arise and follow You, as You lead me to cross over into all You have for me this New Year, this new decade, this new season.
 
By the power of Your grace at work within me, when You go, I will go; and where You go, I will go. I will go because I know You go with me. I will follow because I know in my spirit You said, "Come, follow Me" (Matthew 4:19). 
 
As I come and go -- as I come follow You, as I go where You lead me -- I want to listen with the increasing spiritual sensitivity that can only come from the place of increasing spiritual intimacy. My grandmother taught me the intimacy of prayer and I often heard her singing her favorite hymn, "He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own." I pray I'd sense You walking with me and talking with me. I pray for deeper intimacy, a deeper awakening and awareness of Your Presence with me always. 
 
"Then" I'll know "when." Then "(my) ears shall hear a word behind (me), saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever I turn to the right hand or whenever I turn to the left" (Isaiah 30:21). Then I shall see when the Pillar of Your Presence arises like a Cloud of Your Glory here within me and the Ark of the Covenant of Your Presence arises to go before me to lead me on the next leg of my journey and into the next season of my adventure of faith in You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays


My friend, may you grow in increasing spiritual sensitivity and intimacy to sense and to see the moving of the Lord in your spirit and every area of your life as you follow Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you and Happy New Year, my friend! 

 

Friends, I'm excited to be teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries again this year, the first week of February -- February 3-7, 2020 in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Register today and come join us! Please spread to word to anyone who may be interested in this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry: 
 




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!