Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 12 - Lay Down Your Nets and Follow Me
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're with me always, just like You said (Matthew 28:20). And I acknowledge Your Presence, here as I begin my day embraced by My Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. Then He said to the them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.' They immediately left their nets and followed Him. Going from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him" (Matthew 4:28-22 NKJV).
 
Over twenty-five years ago, You called me to lay down my nets and get out of my boat and follow You. I wasn't a fisherman; I was a trial lawyer. The tools of my trade weren't using my hands and nets for catching fish but using my words for making a case for my clients.
 
But no matter what our desires and gifts and talents, You'll take them and redeem them and sanctify them for Your glory if we'll surrender them and entrust them to You. Peter and Andrew, James and John, became fishers of men. And I became an advocate for Christ.
 
Through my own journey of redemption and healing from brokenness and pain along the way, You turned my heart towards healing prayer ministry, especially inner healing, what I've come to call "healing from the inside out." Speaking to my spirit by Your Word, You've called me and empowered me by Your grace to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom of God, to heal the brokenhearted, to set the captives free, to prepare the way of the Lord in peoples' hearts and in the earth, to prepare the bride and body of Christ to be set free from all that would hold her back from all she was created to be, at home and to the ends of the earth (Isaiah 61; Luke 4:18-19; Ephesians 5:25-27; Revelation 19:7). You've burned in my spirit with a passion from Your Spirit, laboring like a woman in travail "until Christ is formed" in those You've entrusted to me in the ministry of Your healing love and power (Galatians 4:19). "The Lord has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning He wakens -- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:4).
 
It has been a joyful journey, but it has not been easy, nor without sacrifice and great cost. But no sacrifice I have made is worth comparing to the Sacrifice You have made. And I have no doubt that when it's all been said and done, I will stand amazed in Your Presence and know it was worth it all and You are worthy of it all.
 
So help me keep listening and keep following and keep laying down my nets to take hold of Your heart and Your will for my life and calling every step of the way. "Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20). 
 
By the power of Your grace, I'm an advocate for Christ, a fisher of men, a disciple of Christ, and a son of God (Romans 8:14-17). Give me courage and confirmation to keep following You and never "shrink back" from such a grace and calling You've entrusted to me (Hebrews 10:39). I'm part of Your bride and Your body, positioned for Your purposes and preparing the way of the Lord for our soon and coming King -- in our hearts and in our land. "Revive us again!" (Psalm 85:6) "Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!" (Ephesians 5:14)
 
Yes, Lord. I want to be a part of all You're doing in these great and awesome days, and fulfill my part in all You're doing (Jeremiah 33:3). I'm thankful and honored to be alive in this exciting and expectant generation! "The Spirit and the bride say 'Come!'" (Revelation 22:17) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be confirmed and fulfilled in your calling  and destiny in Christ, knowing you are uniquely, fearfully, wonderful made to you part out of who you are in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

          

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!