Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 19 - "The Fullness of Time"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear, as I listen; help me see, as I look -- waiting here in Your presence for Your leading to begin my day in communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children" (Galatians 4:4-5).
 
My Father God, give me grace to trust in Your timing -- in "the fullness of time." Give me patience to wait, faith to trust, determination to endure, even as I press in for the breakthrough with expectant faith for all that is to come. It will come. All that You've purposed and planned will all come, all will be fulfilled, but all in Your time. 
 
So between this time and that time, between today and the day to come of "the fullness of time," help me believe and rest in the truth that You make all things beautiful in Your time (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
There's a tension between expectant faith and waiting on the Lord. Both are important to learn. And only You can us the grace to live in the tension between the already and the n0t-yet, between resting in the truth that it is already done, already accomplished, already finished through the work of the cross, while at the same time, expectantly praying for all to come together, for all to come forth, here on earth as it already is in heaven.
 
In a sense, I can say, "It can't happen for me soon enough." And at the same time, in another sense that's just as true, I'd have to admit, "I couldn't handle it if it all happened to me at once." So You invite me to trust You, to trust Your timing, to trust Your wisdom, to trust Your ways. You invite me to "lean not on (my) own understanding (but) in all (my) ways to acknowledge (You), (trusting You) shall direct (my) paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV).
 
You're the One who gives me faith to expect the good things to come. And You're also the One who give me patience to let You have Your way in me and in everything and everyone else around me so that the good things come at just the right time -- in "the fullness of time." Whether we like it or not -- and it's usually "not" -- patience is one the fruit of the Spirit You've developing in us (Galatians 5:22). And it's one of the principles of the Kingdom of God that "through faith and patience (we) inherit the promises" of God (Hebrews 6:12).
 
So Lord, I'm excited and expectant and full of faith for this season at hand! But at the same time, let me also be full of patience, as You unfold it all in Your beautiful way, in Your time, in "the fullness of time." In the meantime, I'm confident of this:  Not one of Your words will fall to the ground unfulfilled; and not one of Your words will return to You void, but all will be accomplished and fulfilled (Isaiah 55:11). He who began a good work in me and my world will be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be filled with expectant faith and trusting patience in the One who is faithful to complete the good work He has begun in His beautiful way and in His perfect time, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Pakistan Ministry. Praising God for another mighty move of His Holy Spirit in Pakistan through our Skype Internet Ministry last night! Each month we set up a big screen for me to preach through our interpreter on site in a different village, with a follow-up ministry team. We just received this report from Pastor Fazal with these pictures and exciting testimonies coming in so far!  "Dear Pastor Tommy, Thanks very much to share Powerful Word of God in unreached Village. Thanks Lord 345 Souls are Saved and 38 People are healed now!" (Some specific testimonies were healing from breathing problems, freedom from ten years of joint pain, healing from kidney stone pain). Amen!! Praise God!! 
 
Thank you to all my friends who pray for us and support us to make this ministry possible!
            

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!